Take back America

Take back America
Take back America

None dare call it treason

None dare call it treason

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Juan Williams and NPR

Posted by Joseph Farah WND October 22, 2010
1:00 am Eastern

National Public Radio, which gets significant funding from taxpayers through the federal government, fired Juan Williams Wednesday because of the content of his commentaries on another network.

This is an illustration of why NPR and PBS need to be defunded completely by taxpayers.

The First Amendment protects our inherent, unalienable rights to express ourselves – especially insofar as political speech goes.

That's what Juan Williams was doing on "The O'Reilly Factor" on the Fox News Network Monday when he made perfectly reasonable and honest comments about his views.

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot," said Williams. "You know the kind of books I've written about the civil-rights movement in this country. But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Williams also commented on remarks by Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad warning Americans that the fight is coming to the U.S.

"He said the war with Muslims, America's war, is just beginning, first drop of blood," Williams said. "I don't think there's any way to get away from these facts."

Welcome to the world of free speech in America circa 2010. This is what you get when government is paying the freight for your media.

Juan Williams is simply explaining on national television how he feels based on completely understandable circumstances – and he is fired!

Tell me again why I am being fired?
Is it because he was speaking the truth? Read John 8:32 "You shall know the truth and.........
Is it because he showed fear when placed in a certain situation? What would Patton do? Gen George S. Patton said, I wouldn't have fired him, I would have slapped him for being a coward."
Is it because he worked for a government funded broadcast? "It is error alone (Lies) which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."- Thomas Jefferson
"You can't handle the Truth." - Jack Nicholson  Liberalism is not a political ideology but a mental disorder.
Sin is sin. Stop excusing it as a medical problem.

No comments: